Location – London or UK Remote (with occasional travel to London)
Fixed Term Contract 6 Months – Full Time – Start Date – ASAP
Virgin is one of the most exciting brands in the world, with a reputation for entrepreneurialism, game changing experiences and a unique culture across its diverse range of businesses. The Virgin Group operates in the transportation, communications, financial services, leisure & entertainment, & health & wellness sectors across five continents. Our unique brand is built by breaking into markets to offer consumers a better deal, a better service, or a fresh, innovative way of doing things. This has been Richard Branson’s vision since the 1970s. We change business for good.
About Virgin Red:
Virgin Red (Red) is a Virgin start-up conceived and soft-launched in the UK during 2015; and formally launching to the UK public in June 2016. Functioning as a Virgin-group membership rewards program, Red is a Mobile-app proposition that encourages existing and potential customers of the Virgin brands to “Live a life more Virgin”.
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club is the frequent flyer program for Virgin Atlantic, where members can earn Flying Club Miles through flying on Virgin Atlantic and through their airline and retail partners. Flying Club Miles can be redeemed on flights and on products in the Flying Club partner network.
Our work here is to bring-together Virgin Red with Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles to create a new loyalty club offering for Virgin customers. The new company will drive the growth of a range of partner products and services. It will give Virgin customers greater choice around where to earn and redeem their miles, as well as rewarding customers more as they build their relationships with Virgin. This new company will open up our loyalty offering to more Virgin partners, reaching over 53m global customers and 60 Virgin companies worldwide.
Virgin Red will enable the Virgin companies to combine and increase their appeal to customers, working together to create a more compelling offer and ultimately leverage the power of the Virgin brand. This also means that across the Virgin Group we will be able to develop a much deeper understanding of our customers and how best to serve them.
Summary of Role:
The focus of this role is to deliver key communications in order engage subscribers to the Virgin.com newsletter and our internal employee rewards program: Tribe.
Working with multiple stakeholders across the Virgin Group. This role will manage the creation and distribution of email newsletters. Checking delivery and reporting on results – then making improvements for the next campaign. Supporting and reporting to the Senior Engagement manager, we will establish a relationship with all our subscribers from the very beginning, providing them regular and relevant Virgin content to inspire them. We’ll coordinate the schedule with the other Virgin communications to make sure we’re not overloading inboxes.
The scope of the role includes opportunities to work with a wide section of the Virgin Group and stakeholder management skills are essential.
The successful candidate must be comfortable with email creation and distribution. We want to deliver exciting content to our members and employees.
Key responsibilities and stakeholders:
- Work with the Senior Engagement Manager and wider Membership team to deliver communications for Virgin.com and the Tribe employee reward scheme;
- Create, plan and execute a program of newsletters and communications across the Virgin Group
- Plan, execute and optimise multi-channel communication campaigns; manage a testing program to drive incremental improvement in Active Member and Customer Satisfaction metrics
- Work with our agencies to produce persuasive, compelling and on-brand communications to drive demand for our experiences across our core
- Analyse campaign data, reporting on campaign performance and developing new audience insight to fuel growth and improve satisfaction
- Work with editorial and content leads from the wider Marketing team to identify, package and surface the most compelling editorial content
- Work with the Business Development & Partnership team to identify, package and surface uniquely Virgin offers
- Build plans that deliver on business and brand priorities while leveraging our sponsorship assets in a meaningful way
- Create innovative retail and experiential programs to leverage partnerships effectively;
- Event development and hands-on coordination
- Foster and build good relationships with partners, both across the Virgin Group and with 3rd party vendors
- Manage and direct vendors to ensure directives are on-brand and delivered on time.
- Working under the direction of the Head of member Engagement, estimate and maintain accurate budget projections, expenditures and (where appropriate) income to offset investment costs
- Multitask across multiple projects while possessing a strong understanding of objectives, schedules, budgets and deadlines
Skills and qualifications:
- 2+ years previous experience in marketing projects and events management roles; Candidate may be required to present portfolio of past events and projects. Experience in a membership events setting would be ideal but not required;
- Experience in creating events and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns;
- Project management, communication and collaboration skills; comfortable working with various teams across the business to get desired outcomes;
- Comfortable working with third party vendors to develop highly engaging, brand-led experiences and offers designed to bring Extraordinary Experiences ‘to life’ for customers;
- Data-driven, customer-first mindset with experience executing and optimising marketing campaigns and programs based on customer insight and learnings;
- Confident self-starter, able to manage workload and juggle multiple priorities effectively; and
- Keen to develop – to learn quickly, step outside their comfort zone and actively seek feedback
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended from time to time to meet the needs of the business.