The RHC is a historic institution providing sheltered accommodation (Long Wards) and full nursing care where necessary (the Margaret Thatcher Infirmary) for some 300 retired soldiers, known as In- Pensioners. It ensures Army veterans are provided with the support and comradeship they need in recognition of their service to the Nation and safeguards their historic home for the veterans of tomorrow.
All roles within the Royal Hospital Chelsea (RHC) have an integral part to play in contributing to the achievement of the Hospital’s Strategy and Vision.
Permanent – Full Time
Monday to Friday – 41 hours a week with paid meal breaks
London office based
£26,000 per annum
Closing date is 8th August and interviews w/c 15th August.
A DBS will be required and paid for by RCH.
The Network Support Officer role is to provide technical 1st Line Support to all users at RHC.
- To add/remove users on Active Directory (AD).
- To add users to Mitel system.
- To manage and provide effective and efficient services to all users.
- To deal with third parties software (log calls on behalf of the users, e.g. Exchequer).
- To assist users with Microsoft Windows issues.
- To be able to create computer/laptop imaging
- To assist with Microsoft Office 365 to all users.
- To assist In-Pensioners with telephone and internet setup and trouble shooting.
- To manage and update Telephone directories.
- To manage Kace helpdesk support calls.
- To assist with conference room and conference call setup.
- To manage Our Space for the ICT and assist other users if required (training will be provided).
- To manage incoming/outgoing ICT assets.
- To setup pendants, sensors for IPs
- To assist the ICT team as required.
- To create a purchase order for the Head of ICT when required.
Skills Knowledge and Experience
- Good working knowledge of MS Windows Servers 2019
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows 10
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and 2016
- VMWare Enterprise and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- Mitel telephone system (VoIP) system.
Knowledge and Experience 2 years’ experience working with LAN, WAN, VoIP and Microsoft environments. Good technical IT knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, In-Pensioners, volunteers, contractors.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a good working attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills (both verbal and written).
- Analytical/Problem solving/solution focused.
- Excellent time management and organisation.
- Customer focus.
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Engineer)
- Degree on Computing Science (desirable)
- Onsite parking
- Onsite gym
- Discounted food and beverage in our onsite café
- 25 days annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free eye sight tests
- Civil Service pension